Sexism is alive and well in the US House of Reps
Below is an email from Congressman Allen West to Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, after she called him out on the House floor about raising medicare costs:
"Look, Debbie, I understand that after I departed the House floor you directed your floor speech comments directly towards me. Let me make myself perfectly clear, you want a personal fight, I am happy to oblige. You are the most vile, unprofessional ,and despicable member of the US House of Representatives. If you have something to say to me, stop being a coward and say it to my face, otherwise, shut the heck up. […]
You have proven repeatedly that you are not a Lady, therefore, shall not be afforded due respect from me!
Steadfast and Loyal
Congressman Allen B West (R-FL)”
Once again, an individual failed to engage in an intellectual dialogue with a colleague and instead attacked her on the basis of her gender — that because she didn’t conform to the passive and demure female stereotypes our society engages itself in, she “shall not be afforded due respect from” him.
To read the full email and more, click here.
- cottonteeeth reblogged this from andyouhavetogivethemhope
- iloveyousweetbaby reblogged this from andyouhavetogivethemhope and added:
- seditious-smanger reblogged this from andyouhavetogivethemhope
- subconciousevolution reblogged this from andyouhavetogivethemhope
- valenteeni reblogged this from andyouhavetogivethemhope
- andyouhavetogivethemhope posted this